Last Updated: August 1, 2022
The term “Vacation Village Resorts”, “Always Travel With Us”, “we”, “us”, or “our” in this Notice refers to affiliates and subsidiaries of Vacation Village Resorts that link to this Notice. This Notice describes how we may collect, use and share information from or about you, and explains how information may be used for advertising purposes.
The Information We Collect
We collect Personal Information in the normal course of business in order to process your requests, orders and to serve you better. Personal Information means personally identifiable information such as information you provide when you fill out a form, application or registration in person, on our website, a mobile device or electronically, such as your name, e-mail address, mailing address, telephone numbers and demographic information such as age, marital status, income level and interests. We collect and retain information from you when you communicate with us or sign up for our products and services. Personal Information may also be obtained from third party advertisers or a third parties such as consumer reporting agencies.
How We May Use the Information
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- to respond to your inquiry and fulfill your requests;
- personalize your experience to better respond to your individual needs;
- to inform you about important information regarding the Site, products or services for which you apply or in which you are enrolled, changes to terms, conditions, and policies and/or other administrative information;
- to verify your identity and/or location (or the identity or location of your representative or agent) in order to allow access to your services, conduct online transactions and to maintain measures aimed at preventing fraud and protecting the security of your Personal Information;
- to allow you to participate in surveys and other forms of market research, sweepstakes, contests and similar promotions and to administer these activities. Some of these activities have additional rules, which may contain additional information about how Personal Information is used and shared;
- collected through our social media pages and other online interactions with you to assist in verifying your identity and account status. We may combine this online information with information collected from offline sources or information we already have;
- for business purposes, including data analysis, audits, developing and improving products and services, enhancing the Site, identifying usage trends and determining the effectiveness of promotional campaigns; and
- for risk control, for fraud detection and prevention, to comply with laws and regulations, and to comply with other legal process and law enforcement requirements.
- to improve our website based on the information and feedback we may receive from you;
- to improve customer service; to administer a promotion, survey or other site feature; and
- to deliver marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you via telephone, email, direct mail or in other ways.
How We Collect and Use Other Information
We and our third-party service providers (including but not limited to AdRoll (https://www.adrollgroup.com/privacy) may collect and use other information in a variety of ways, including:
- Through your browser or device: Certain information is collected by most browsers and/or through your device, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, device type, screen resolution, operating system version and internet browser type and version. We use this information to ensure Sites function properly, for fraud detection and prevention, and security purposes.
- Using cookies: Cookies are pieces of information stored directly on the device you are using. Cookies we use do not contain or capture unencrypted Personal Information. Cookies allow us to collect information such as browser type, time spent on the Site, pages visited, language preferences, and your relationship with us. We use the information for security purposes, to facilitate navigation (i.e. to store your account information between sessions and to maintain information about the quotes you have requested during your session), to display information more effectively, to personalize/tailor your experience while engaging with us, and to recognize your device to allow your use of our online products and services. We collect statistical information about the usage of the Site in order to continually improve the design and functionality, to monitor responses to our advertisements and content, to understand how account holders and visitors use the Site and to assist us with resolving questions regarding the Site. We also utilize cookies for advertising purposes. Please see the Advertising section below for more information.
You can refuse to accept these cookies and most devices and browsers offer their own privacy settings for cookies. You will need to manage your cookie settings for each device and browser you use. However, if you do not accept these cookies, you may experience some inconvenience in your use of the Site and some online products and services. The site may not load or display properly. You also may not receive tailored advertising or other offers from us that may be relevant to your interests and needs.
- IP Address: Your IP Address is a number that is automatically assigned to the device that you are using by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). An IP Address is identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user visits the Site, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that were visited. Collecting IP Addresses is standard practice on the internet and is done automatically by many websites. We use IP Addresses for purposes such as calculating Site usage levels, helping diagnose server problems, advertising, for compliance and security purposes and administering the Site. Please see the Advertising section below for more information.
- Aggregated and De-identified Data: Aggregated and De-identified Data is data that we may create or compile from various sources, including, but not limited to, accounts and transactions. This information, which does not identify individual account holders, may be used for our business purposes, which may include offering products or services, research, marketing or analyzing market trends, and other purposes consistent with applicable laws.
Our Commitment to Security
To protect Personal Information from unauthorized access and use, we use security measures that comply with applicable federal and state laws. These measures may include device safeguards and secured files and buildings as well as oversight of our third-party service providers to ensure information remains confidential and secure. While we follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the Personal Information submitted to us (both during and once we receive it), no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security on our Site, you can e-mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information other than as explained below.
We do not disclose your Personal Information to third parties unless one of the following limited exceptions applies:
- Service Providers: We may disclose your Personal Information to other companies that help us process or service your communication or correspond with you. For example, we may provide your Personal Information to a service provider if you ask a question or make a specific request about a unit, reservation or show. Please be assured that the companies we work with are not allowed to use your Personal Information for their own purposes and are contractually obligated to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Legal Obligations: We may disclose or report your Personal Information when we believe, in good faith, that the disclosure is required or permitted under law, for example, to cooperate with regulators or law enforcement authorities, to resolve consumer disputes, or prevent fraud.
- Business Transition: If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of our assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Site of any change in ownership or uses of your Personal Information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your Personal Information.
Please note, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses. A representative list of the types of non-personally identifiable information collected may include: current Internet protocol address and type of browser you are using (e.g., Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox), the type of operating system you are using, (e.g., Microsoft Windows or Mac OS), the domain name of your Internet service provider (e.g., Comcast, Verizon or AT&T), the type of handheld or mobile device used to view the site (e.g., iPhone, Android).
Collection of Information by Third-Party Sites
Our site may contain links to or integrations with other sites such as Facebook, whose information practices may be different than ours. Visitors should consult the other sites' privacy notices as we have no control over information that is submitted to, or collected by, these third parties.
Notice to California Residents
Notice to Vermont Residents
In response to Vermont regulations, we automatically treat accounts with Vermont billing addresses as if you requested that we not share your information with non-affiliated third parties, and that we limit the information we share with our affiliates. If we disclose information about you to nonaffiliated third parties with whom we have joint marketing agreements, we will only disclose your name, address, other contact information, and information about our transaction and experiences with you.
Notice to Nevada Residents
We are providing you with this notice pursuant to state law. You may be placed on our internal Do Not Call List by following the directions set forth above. Nevada law requires that we also provide you with the following contact information: Bureau of Consumer Protection, Office of the Nevada Attorney General, 555 E. Washington St., Suite 3900, Las Vegas, NV 89101; Phone number: 702-486-3132; e-mail: BCPINFO@ag.state.nv.us.
Notice to Users Outside of the United States
Deletion Request Rights
Subject to certain exceptions, you have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained. If we receive and confirm your consumer request as verifiable, unless an exception applies we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records.
Depending on where you reside, certain laws provide a number a reasons why a deletion request may be denied. We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, fulfill the terms of a written warranty or product recall conducted in accordance with federal law, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et. seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information's deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Exercising Deletion Rights
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to Vacation Village Resorts by either:
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify either: (A) your identity; or (B) authority to make the request. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us, but we must also be able to confirm the personal information relates to you. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor's identity or authority to make the request.
Children's Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
The Site is not directed to individuals under the age of thirteen (13), and we request that these individuals do not provide Personal Information through the Site. We do not knowingly collect information from children under 13 without parental consent. Visit the Federal Trade Commission website for more information about the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA). If you believe that we have received information from a child or other person who is not of a majority age in their relevant jurisdiction, please contact us at our email or physical mailing address listed in the “Contact Us” section below and we will take all reasonable efforts to remove the information. If we become aware that we have collected such personal information pertaining to an individual under 13 years of age without parental consent, we will take immediately steps to delete that information.
Opt-Out Rights (to limit our sharing)
If you do not want your Nonpublic Personal Information disclosed to affiliated or nonaffiliated third parties, you may “opt-out” of those disclosures, meaning that you may tell us not to make those disclosures (other than disclosures that are permitted by law even if you opt out). If you do not want your Nonpublic Personal Information, solely limited to your credit report and/or application information, disclosed to affiliated parties, you may “opt-out” of those disclosures, meaning that you may tell us not to make those disclosures (other than disclosures that are permitted by law even if you opt-out). If you opt out, we will not disclose the information that you have instructed us not to share with the affiliated and/or the nonaffiliated third parties that may independently market products or services to you, but we may include their offers in billing statements or other routine communications that we send to you in connection with servicing your business relationship with us. To opt-out, simply write to us at the address listed below. An opt-out election by you or others who maintain a relationship with us will be effective for all persons that your relationship relates to. Once you opt-out, there is no need to do so again for the same business relationship.
Updates and Effective Date
Vacation Village Resorts
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33306